The Towing and Storage Safety and Enforcement Act (TSSEA) was enacted in 2021. This legislation was crafted with the aim of elevating safety and operational efficiency in the towing and vehicle storage sectors. A key component of the TSSEA is provincial oversight, making it mandatory for tow truck drivers and tow and storage operators to secure a provincial certificate for their future operations.
1. Cost Savings: Professionals operating in multiple municipalities often face the burden of paying numerous permit fees, which can add up to tens of thousands of dollars annually for each company. The TSSEA aims to streamline this process, resulting in substantial cost savings.
2. Provincial Licensing: The Professional Towing Association of Ontario (PTAO) has long advocated for provincial licensing, and the TSSEA fulfills this objective. Since it ensures that all operators are compliant with the same provincial regulations.
3. Data Collection: An additional advantage of requiring certification is the establishment of a comprehensive database. Such invaluable information is crucial for evaluating factors like insurance costs, fuel costs, and legislative issues. Tow industry members will be able to unite and lobby government for change with a database that includes everyone.
1. Login: Access your SOS Driver Screening account.
2. Initiate Search: Start the background check for your driver(s).
3. Receive Results: Drivers will complete the process and receive results via email.
Note: If you do not have an account, begin by requesting an account using the contact form below.
Start your application process today and become part of the TSSEA initiative.